SCC Operational Guidelines During COVID 19
OPENING DATE: My intention is to open from the 1st of June 2020
As the clinic has reduced to a single practitioner, the revised opening hours are:
Saturday & Sunday: Closed
The phone lines will open on Thursday 28th of May 2020
The Prime Minister has issued advice that people who cannot carry out their work from home should return, and that all non essential business should re-open from the 15th June, albeit observing the social distancing rules.
The nature of Chiropractic, and the treatments we administer, cannot strictly observe such rules. Guidance from our professional chiropractic associations, however, has suggested ways to mitigate the risks of attending face to face appointments.
How this relates to you as a patient is several fold:
The take away point from UCA guidance is:
1. In considering the risks for Covid-19 and determining if it is safe to provide face to face care we advise that if such care is being provided that it be restricted to the non vulnerable groups at this stage and any care for the clinically vulnerable (over 70s) and extremely vulnerable groups be done remotely. This can be kept under review as the threat of transmission reduces or the government advice alters in relation to such groups. I wholeheartedly agree with this advice, anyone with medical complications or in the vulnerable age group, that may put them at a greater risk of suffering severe consequences from the contraction of Covid-19, please stay at home.
Procedural Changes to minimise any risk to anyone that may need to visit Swindon Chiropractic Clinic for treatment during the COVID 19 pandemic. I draw your attention to the following:
1. Currently there will be only one Chiropractor operating, as such patients will be treated one at a time with no contact with others in reception waiting room areas. You will be asked to wait in your car in the main car park at your designated appointment time, and I will come and collect you into the clinic.
2. At all times I will be wearing personal protection equipment (PPE), disposable gloves (changed for every patient), face masks/visor, etc. If you have your own PPE, may I please ask you to use it.
3. Every relevant surface/contact point, will be disinfected between patients, ensuring advisable strict hygiene control.
4. There will be no face-to-face interactions with a receptionist. Currently they are all furloughed, and will remain so, until the viability of the furlough scheme comes to an end and they are happy to return to work.
The phone lines will be open from 9am to 1pm daily in order to make appointments.
Please use this time to call and secure an appointment. Messages may be left, and we will endeavour to respond to them as soon as is possible.
5. Payments will be taken by card only, we will not be handling cash or cheques at this time. Contactless facilities are available, the contactless limit having been increased to £45 per transaction by most major providers. This provides another step in limiting the contact between the user and the payment card facilities. I will be present at the terminal for this part of the procedure.
6. Emergencies. I have not taken the decision to treat emergencies only, instead I will leave the ultimate decision of the necessity of an appointment to the individual who requests it. To deny anyone a treatment, should they think it necessary, because they aren't in enough discomfort, it isn't debilitating enough, etc, is not a message I'm prepared to get behind. Please assess the risks involved to yourself based on your own state of health, and know we are doing everything possible to mitigate any from our end.
7. If you, or a person you are cohabiting with, display any symptoms of respiratory illness/COVID 19, please DO NOT ATTEND.
Thank you for your understanding
Director of SCC
The Swindon Chiropractic Clinic has been in operation since 1982.
We offer safe, effective, hands-on treatment, that is tailored to your presenting problem(s), and we have been practicing in Swindon since 1982.
We can help if you suffer from:
- Back Pain (Neck, Mid, and Lower Back)
- Shoulder, Arm, and Hand Pain
- Hip, Knee, and Ankle Pain
- Whiplash Associated Disorders, Headaches
- Arthritic Pain
- Sports Injuries, and much more...
* This is a generic list, our practitioners are trained (and have experience) in treating a vast array of Musculo-Skeletal Conditions. If you would like to know if we can help you with your specific case, please contact us on the clinic number, via email, or come in for a chat *.